Pandora


Media Type: website
Address: www.pandora.com
Age level: all ages
Summary: Your favorite music, your way. Pandora is an interactive site that allows you to enter a type of music “Christmas” or artist “Brittany Spears” and it will make a station that has similar music. Features include skipping, rating and building your own station.
Evaluation: What an awesome site! When my teen taught me to use this I was so impressed. The site bills itself as the “music genome project” bringing like music together. I was able to rock out all morning to a wonderful mixture of Christmas music.
Selection: One of my volunteers uses my work computer to complete bibliographies – just cross checking titles to make sure they’re available. She asked if she could listen to Pandora and I had no clue what it was.